Monday, October 18, 2010

Top Ten Monday

In the spirit of Halloween we're going to tackle ~

Top Ten Scary Villains.

 Mickey's Top Ten


  1. Harry Powell - Night Of The Hunter
  2. Drayton Sawer - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
  3. Norman Bates - Psycho
  4. Count Orlok - Nosferatu
  5. Mrs. Iselin - The Manchurian Candidate
  6. Mrs. Danvers - Rebecca
  7. Buffalo Bill - The Silence of the Lambs
  8. Witch of the West - The Wizard Of Oz
  9.
Tommy Udo - Kiss Of death
10.
Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest


Mary's Top Ten

 
  1. Baby Jane - What Ever Happened to Baby Jane
  2. Annie Wilkes - Misery
  3. Rote - Wait Until Dark
  4. Jack Torrence - The Shining
  5. Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb - Silence of the Lambs
  6. Tommy DeVito (Joe Pesci) -Goodfellas
  7. Nurse Ratched - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
  8. Mrs. Danvers - Rebecca
  9. Norman Bates - Psycho
10. Rachel Creed - Pet Cemetary






MARY:  I think it's kind of neat how I never look at your lists until I'm ready to post mine and we always share a few and vary on more.  Mine are in no particular order other than #1 because I don't care what you say Baby Jane Hudson is the most frighteningly real character I would never want to meet.

MICKEY: I always like your lists - I like the ones you include that I missed, but I am most delighted at the ones we both share on our lists. With this particular lists I feel i must mention several glaring omissions; my lists was guided by the idea of what characters genuinely scared me, or gave me the creeps, when I originally saw them. Under that criteria I did not include Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee, or Vincent Price in my list, but these men have more great screen villains to their credit than anyone . . . I love Cushing's madly driven Dr. Frankenstein, Lee's ravenously ferocious Dracula, and Vincent Price was simply the mater of the macabre.