Sunday, October 10, 2010

This Week on TCM

There are quite a few good ones playing this week on TCM.  Some that I know and love and some that I can't wait to finally sit down and watch.  It's funny when you look at your list of watched films and wonder how some got skipped, when you do get the chance it's a specail treat. 


Looks like Thursday night (thanks to my DVR) will be spent with Alfred and a pot of coffee.  Tuesday has The Best Years of Our Lives and I've been in a crying mood so this couldn't be more perfect to get out some stress. 


His Girl Friday is special, this was the first movie (cassette tape mind you) that I ever bought for my Dad.  My Dad has a supernatural ability to know (not guess, because he's certain) what gift everyone ever gets him before they give it.  It's infuriating, and I slyly listened for months before Christmas to see what movies he wanted for his collection.  He figured it out, and I'm not sure how much he ever wanted it but of all the many movies I've bought for him over the years this is always that first that come to mind.


His Girl Friday
The Best Years of our Lives
Hitchcock Block:
Rich and Strange
I Confess
Stage Fright
The Wrong Man
Dial M for Murder
The Bandwagon
The Mummy
The Blue Angel