Friday, September 10, 2010

"Newish" Release Friday

Shutter Island

This was one of those movies that when it was released I did my best to steer clear of any previews or inside info. Scorcese normally does a good job of not telling too much but I wanted to be completely uninformed going in. I think I did really well and was pretty clueless other than friends expressing their distaste for it and labeling it a colossal waste of time.


I’m not going to be a spoiler because I really think that is the best way to watch this one; so no synopsis. I will say it’s a thriller, mystery with classic Scorcese shots and integral soundtrack.


I very much enjoyed it. DH on the other hand was in and out of the room, hands on his face, doing his best to keep distracted from the film while at the same time trying to follow the story. We ended it close to midnight so went right to bed and I was dreaming about it all night working the story into my life, which was pretty creepy. Days later, I’m still going over the storyline, equating every piece and I’m ready to watch it again. Unfortunately, I think the second viewing will be on my own, the DH’s thriller quota for the month has been filled.     ~Mary